§ 1 Information regarding the Collection of Personal Data
(1) We shall inform you below regarding the collection of personal data during the usage of our website. Personal data shall be considered to be all data with which you can be personally identified, e.g. name, address, e‐mail addresses and user behavior.
(2) The data controller in accordance with Art. 4 (7) EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) shall be
You can contact our Data Protection Officer at email@example.com or via our postal address with the supplemental note: “Attn: Data Protection Officer”.
(3) If you contact us via e‐mail, the contact form or our job applicant portal, the data which you provide (e.g. your e‐mail address, your name, your telephone number, any documents which you send) shall be stored by us in order to answer your questions and/or to enable your consideration during any job application process. We shall delete the data received in this context after the storage is no longer required or restrict the processing if statutory retention obligations apply.
(4) If we would like to commission third‐party service providers for individual functions of our website or would like to use your data for advertising purposes, we shall notify you below in detail regarding the respective procedures to be undertaken. In this regard, we shall also name the designated criteria for the storage timeframe.
§ 2 Your Rights
(1) In your dealings with us, you shall have the following rights with regards to your personal data:
- Right to information,
- Right to correction or deletion,
- Right to restriction of the processing,
- Right to object to the processing,
- Right to data portability
(2) You shall also have the right to submit a complaint to a government data protection supervisory agency regarding our processing of your personal data.
§ 3 Collection of Personal Data during Your Visit to Our Website
(1) During the purely informational usage of the website–thus if you have not registered or otherwise provided us with the information, we shall collect only the personal data which your browser transmits to our server. If you would like to visit our website, we shall collect the following data which are technically required for us in order to display our website to you and guarantee the stability and security of the website (legal basis is Art. 6 (1) sentence 1 lit. f GDPR):
- IP address
- Date and time of day of the inquiry
- Time zone difference to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
- Content of the request (concrete webpage)
- Access status/HTTP status code
- Respectively-transferred data quantity
- Website from which the request comes
- Operating system and its interface
- Language and version of the browser software
(2) In addition to the aforementioned data, during your usage of our website, cookies shall be stored on your computer. Cookies are small text files which are stored on your hard drive which are categorized to the browser which you use and send certain information to the party which places the cookie (in this case, to us). Cookies can not run programs or transmit viruses to your computer. They serve the purpose merely of making the Internet site overall more user‐friendly and more effective.
(3) Usage of cookies:
a) This website uses the following types of cookies whereby their scope and functioning are discussed in detail below:
- Transient cookies (see b in this regard)
- Persistent cookies (see c in this regard).
b) Transient cookies shall be automatically deleted whenever you close the browser. This shall include particularly the session cookies. They store a so‐called session ID, by means of which various inquiries from your browser can be assigned to the collective session. Thus, your computer can be recognized again when you return to our website. The session cookies shall be deleted whenever you log out or close the browser.
c) Persistent cookies shall automatically be deleted after a prescribed timeframe which may vary depending on the cookie. You can at any time delete the cookies by adjusting the security settings on your browser.
d) You can configure your browser’s settings based upon your wishes and, for example, reject the acceptance of third‐party cookies or all cookies. However, we wish to point out that you may thus not be able to use all functions of this website.
f) The data from the flash cookies used shall not be collected by your browser, but rather by your flash plug‐in. Moreover, we shall use HTML5 storage objects which are stored on your device. These objects store the required data regardless of the browser which you use and have no automatic expiration date. If you do not want the processing of flash cookies, you must install a corresponding add‐on, e.g. “Better Privacy” for Mozilla Firefox (https://addons.mozilla.org/de/firefox/addon/betterprivacy/) or the Adobe Flash Killer cookie for Google Chrome. You can prevent the usage of HTML5 storage objects by using your browser’s private mode. In addition, we recommend manually deleting your cookies and the browser cache on a regular basis.
§ 4 Usage of Google Analytics
(1) This website uses Google Analytics, a web analysis service from Google Inc. (“Google”). Google Analytics uses so‐called “cookies”–text files which are stored on your computer and enable an analysis of your usage of the website. As a rule, the information generated by the cookie regarding your usage of this website shall be transmitted to a Google server in the USA and stored there. In the event of the activation of IP anonymization on this website, however, your IP address shall nonetheless be shortened beforehand by Google within the member countries of the European Union or in other contracting countries to the European Economic Area Convention. Only in exceptional cases shall the full IP address be transmitted to a Google server in the USA and shortened there. By mandate from this website’s operator, Google shall use this information in order to analyze your usage of the website, in order to compile reports regarding the website activities and in order to render additional services associated with the usage of the website and the Internet to the website’s operator.
(2) The IP address transmitted by your browser during Google Analytics shall not be commingled with other data by Google.
(3) You can prevent the storage of the cookies by correspondingly adjusting the settings on your browser software; however, we wish to point out that, in this case, you may not be able to comprehensively use all functions of this website. Moreover, you can prevent the collection of the data (including your IP address) which are generated by the cookie and which refer to your usage of the website from being sent to Google as well as the processing of these data by Google by downloading and installing the browser plug‐in that is available by clicking on the following link: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=de.
(4) This website uses Google Analytics with the extension “_anonymizeIp()”. Thus, IP addresses continue to be processed in shortened form and, by so doing, personal inferences can thus be prevented. Insofar as a personal inference should nonetheless be created via the data collected about you, this personal inference shall thus be immediately blocked and the personal data shall thus be immediately deleted.
(5) We use Google Analytics in order to be able to analyze and improve the usage of our website on a regular basis. Via the statistics obtained, we can improve our website and design it to be more interesting for you. For the exceptional cases in which personal data are transmitted to the USA, Google shall comply with the EU‐US Privacy Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework. The legal basis for the usage of Google Analytics is Art. 6 (1) sentence 1 lit. f GDPR.
§ 5 Usage of Google Maps
(1) On this website, we use the offerings from Google Maps. Thus, we can display interactive maps to you directly on the website and enable you to conveniently use the map function.
(2) By visiting the website, Google shall receive the notification that you have visited the corresponding subpage of our website. In addition, the data specified in § 3 of this Declaration shall be transmitted. This shall be done regardless of whether Google provides a user account which you are logged‐in to or whether no user account exists. Whenever you are logged‐in to Google, your data shall be directly assigned to your account. If you do not want the assignment to your profile by Google, you must log out before activating the button. Google shall store your data as usage profiles and use them for purposes of advertising, market research and/or the requirements‐specific design of its website. Such an analysis shall be done particularly (even for users who are not logged‐in) in order to render the requirements‐specific advertising and in order to inform the other users of the social network of your activities on our website. You shall have a right of objection to the creation of these usage profiles whereby you must contact Google in order to exercise this right.
(3) You can obtain information regarding the purpose and the scope of the data collection and their processing by the provider of the plug‐in in the provider’s Privacy Policies. There, you will also find additional information regarding your related rights and setting options in order to protect your private sphere: https://www.google.de/intl/de/policies/privacy.
Google shall also process your personal data in the USA and shall comply with the EU‐US Privacy Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
§ 6 Usage of Albacross
On this website, by using the Albacross technology from Albacross Nordic AB, data shall be collected and stored for marketing, market research and optimization purposes. Based upon these data, usage profiles can be created under a pseudonym. In this regard, so‐called tracking scripts shall be utilized which enable the collection of company‐related data. Without the consent of the affected party which must be separately granted, the data collected via these technologies shall not be used to personally identify the visitor to this website and shall not be commingled with personal data regarding the party who carries the pseudonym.
§ 7 YouTube
(1) We have integrated YouTube videos into our online website which are stored on https://www.YouTube.com and are playable directly from our website. They have all been integrated into the “expanded data protection mode”, i.e. that no data about you as the user shall be transmitted to YouTube if you do not play the videos. Only then if you play the videos shall the data specified in Paragraph 2 be transmitted to YouTube. We have no control over this data transmission.
(2) By visiting the website, YouTube shall receive the notification that you have visited the corresponding subpage of our website. In addition, the data specified in § 3 of this Declaration shall be transmitted. This shall be done regardless of whether YouTube provides a user account which you are logged-in to or whether no user account exists. Whenever you are logged-in to Google, your data shall be directly assigned to your account. If you do not want the assignment to your profile by YouTube, you must log out before activating the button. YouTube shall store your data as usage profiles and use them for purposes of advertising,
market research and/or the requirements-specific design of its website. Such an analysis shall be done particularly (even for users who are not logged-in) in order to render the requirements-specific advertising and in order to inform the other users of the social network of your activities on our website. You shall have a right of objection to the creation of these usage profiles whereby you must contact YouTube in order to exercise this right.
(3) You can obtain information regarding the purpose and the scope of the data collection and their processing by the provider of the plug-in in the provider’s Privacy Policies. There, you will also find additional information regarding your related rights and setting options in order to protect your private sphere: https://www.google.de/intl/de/policies/privacy. Google shall also process your personal data in the USA and shall comply with the EU-US Privacy Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
Version May 2018